This project has been on the shelf for a few week’s as I’ve just not had the time to get on with it. I found myself with a precious hour spare this afternoon so cracked on with the dress.
Since my last post about the dress I had cut the fabric from the pattern and then not touched it for a weeks. When I revisited the dress today I decided to make a few changes. Mainly because this is the first dress of this sort I’ve made I decided to simplify the design a fair amount so that I can get it finished quickly. I have decided not to line the dress as the fabric is quite thick and I plan to wear a slip and petticoat underneath anyway. I have also decided to trim it with some bright pink bias binding (the only colour I had enough of) This will save me loads of time hemming it. If it doesn’t really work I will follow the original plan next time.
I was lucky enough to find a whole box of original 1950’s unused metal zips at my local charity shop for only 25p each so I bought a few including a navy one to use with this dress.
I am hoping to be able to finish the dress this week and will post pictures once it’s done. I’m looking forward to getting some more fabric and making a few more.
I’ll try to get some better pictures when I get a chance!