I hope you enjoyed my last two christmas party outfit guides on the 1920s and 1930s. Now it’s time to visit the fabulous forties. There are quite a few blitz themed new year parties happening in London this year so these would all be perfect for those. These dresses would also be perfect for any christmas party as they are very classic styles that have been carried forward to many modern fashions too. The forties are a little more sombre than the decadent twenties and 30s but still very glamourous.
As I said with my last two posts, these aren’t meant to be authentic reproduction outfits but styles that pay homage to the past but can be worn by anyone. The dresses I have chosen are super flattering and would be perfect to show off those fabulous curves.
Clockwise From Left –
1. 1940s Victory Swing Evening Dress – £120 – 20th Century Foxy
2. Poiret Shoe– £99.99 – Miss L Fire at What Katie Did
3. Delilah Dress – £65 – Collectif
4. Vintage Style Bow Brooch – £12 – Highland Angel at Not on the High Street
5. Peep Toe Sling Back Shoes – £35 – Marks and Spencer
6. Fully Fashioned Stockings – £27 – What Katie Did
7. Christina Patent Bag – £55 – Collectif
8. Jezebel Wrap Dress – £99 – Vivien of Holloway
Which is your favourite decade, and will you be wearing something vintage inspired this christmas?
Next up the 1950s! I can’t wait!!!
gemgemgoesglobalDecember 12, 2013 at 2:22 pm
i said once I would keep you up to date if i found anything lovely and unique – well, success!!
here, i thought you might like this if you are into original stuff 🙂 http://gemgemgoesglobal.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/linda-macdonald-brings-christmas/
also, i love the dress in the middle with the blue leopard print and the green velvet one, so lush!
Jessica CangianoDecember 14, 2013 at 10:47 am
Splendidly pretty holiday ensemble! I especially love the bejeweled bow brooch and the green velvet frock (swoon!).