Things are getting very festive in my house at the moment. The tree is up, the cupboards are stocked with tasty treats and the Elf on the Shelf is getting up to lots of mischief. It’s definitely time to start mixing up seasonal cocktails! Eggnog is the ultimate winter cocktail, it takes a little while to make, but the results are definitely worth it. I found this recipe in a 1960s recipe book and I absolutely love it.
You will need:
2 tbsp sugar
1 part whisky
1 part dark rum
1 part brandy
2 parts milk
2 parts thick cream
A pinch of ground cloves
A pinch of ground nutmeg
- Separate the eggs into two separate bowls
- Beat the egg yolks until smooth and add half the sugar.
- Add the whisky rum and brandy to the yolks, while stirring continuously.
- Set the yolk mixture aside and beat the egg whites until stiff, while adding the rest of the sugar.
- Stir the milk and cream into the yolk mixture.
- Fold the stiff egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Spoon into glasses and sprinkle with the ground cloves and nutmeg.
What are your favourite winter drinks? Look out for more recipes over the next few days.
Ways to follow Vintage Frills