Feeling Fruity?

Are you feeling fruity? Watch this….

Now are you feeling fruity?

With vintage floral prints everywhere, sometimes it’s nice to have a little change. And right now I’m thinking fruit print dresses and bright fruit themed accessories. Here are a few of my favourite yummy fruity delights from the internet. If these don’t make you feel all Carmen Miranda nothing will!

Clockwise from left…

Vintage 1950s Glass Fruit and Leaves Necklace – Ebay (Auction)

Vintage Plastic Fruit Necklace – Etsy – £16.05

Fruit Medley Print Swing Dress – Lady V London – £45.00

1980s Fruit Flats – Etsy – £12.71

Carmen Miranda Fruit Hair Clip – Etsy – £5.69

I have one of the Lady V London dresses on it’s way to me now, I can’t wait for it to arrive and will be writing a review next week.

11 Comments

1. carly July 30, 2013 / 1:09 pm

need to borrow the dress and shoes for this weekend ok? Beautiful!

• vintagefrills July 31, 2013 / 8:31 am

Haha! It’s all so pretty and cheerful isn’t it 🙂

2. booketta July 30, 2013 / 2:26 pm

Great clip, how they went to town on showbiz, costume, sets, the lot in those old musicals. Very inspirational 🙂

• vintagefrills July 31, 2013 / 8:32 am

I know! This one is especially good. Wish films were like this now, can’t fail to put a smile on your face! 🙂

3. Jessica Cangiano July 30, 2013 / 6:30 pm

This post makes me squeal with happiness! I have the biggest perpetual crush on all vintage (or vintage style) fruit and veg themed and printed items. That Lady V London dress (as long as their lemon print one) are so high up on my wish list.

♥ Jessica

• vintagefrills July 31, 2013 / 8:34 am

The fruit dress arrived just after I posted this. It’s the most lovely dress, unfortunately it was a bit rainy in London yesterday, but I’m doing an outfit post as soon as the sun appears!

4. functionallyfrivolous August 6, 2013 / 5:29 am

I love these dresses! For some reason I absolutely love the fruit trend and eventually I’ll get the courage to don a fruit covered dress!!

5. Margaret August 19, 2013 / 9:03 pm

I think I like those fruity pieces of jewellery best :3 They can really make any outfit truly stand out.

• vintagefrills August 20, 2013 / 1:29 pm

I know! They’re gorgeous. I tried to buy the glass one but it went soooo expensive on eBay. One day I will own one and wear it with everything!