Today I have a lovely new recipe for you. With christmas only 17 days away and the decorations up I’m already in full swing baking some christmas goodies to enjoy with a big cup of tea in the cold evenings. These ginger bread muffins are the perfect winter warmer with chunks of fiery ginger inside. I also got to use my new Ikea cupcake cases which I bought a couple of weeks ago.
1/2 cup dark muscavado sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 cup self raising flour
1/3 cup milk
1/4 chopped crystalised ginger
How to Bake:
1. Pre heat oven to 200 degrees. Prepare your muffin cases.
2. Mix the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix.
3. Mix in the ginger and cinnamon.
4. Stir in the flour and salt and add the milk until fully combined.
5. Add the crystallised ginger until it is evening distributed.
6. Spoon the mixture into your muffin cases to about 2/3 full
7. Bake in the oven for 15 or until cooked.
8. Leave to cool before enjoying with a big mug of tea.
Please let me know if you give these a try!