One of my favourite things about Christmas is giving gifts. Some of these are shop bought and some I’ve made myself. If you have a small budget or want to make something thoughtful, making a gift yourself can be a great option. One really nice gift I like to make is a gingerbread decoration gift set. These are really simple to make and the gift receiver can have fun decorating their gift themselves.
Gingerbread Decoration Kit
This is the perfect gift for children, not only do they get something nice to eat or decorate their tree, it also gives them something creative to do. I included some tubes of icing and a little jar of sprinkles.
You will need:
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
170g Golden Syrup
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 150ºc
- Sieve together the flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda. Put aside.
- Melt the butter and syrup in a pan on a low heat.
- Add to the dry ingredients and ix until it forms a dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface and cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Make a hole in each biscuit with a skewer.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Thread each cookie with some ribbon or string and arrange in a gift box with a jar of sprinkles and some tubes of icing.
Please let me know if you give this a try, or if you have any other festive homemade gifts that you’d recommend.
Ways to follow Vintage Frills
Instagram – Twitter – Facebook – Pinterest – Youtube – Bloglovin’