I have been really busy this week working on a few things for the house. My husband had the week off work so we got loads of things done that we’d been planning for a while. So expect lot’s of home related posts over the next week!
One of the things I did was make a seat for the stool in Jessica’s room. We bought it ages ago to go with her desk which we found in the loft when we bought this house. We bought the stool for £3 at a charity shop and painted them both pink.
I decided to make a little seat for it the other day using a vintage pillowcase from another charity shop.
I’m really happy with the final result and it only took about 10 minutes to do…
If you’d like to do something similar, here’s how I made it…
1. Take the seat off the stool, usually all you need is a screwdriver.
2. Cut a piece of foam to the same size as the top of the tool and if necessary round off corners.
3. Glue the foam to the top of the stool using a hot glue gun.
4. Cut a piece of wadding large enough to go round the foam and the top of the stool.
5. Cut a piece of your chosen fabric slightly larger than the wadding.
6. Wrap the fabric and wadding round the wood and hold down edges.
7. Staple down your edges using a staple gun.
8. Re-attach the top the stool.