I’ve had another few days off blogging which have been spent enjoying the sunny days with my family, making our garden look gorgeous and getting ready for Jessica’s party. I’ve also been to a couple of fantastic events this week. I have so many posts planned for the coming week so next week which be much busier than this one has been on here. I’d also like to say thank you for the lovely comments on my last post as well as kind emails and Facebook messages. It’s always lovely when people have nice things to say!
Anyway, today I have a really quick make for you, which is really fun and easy. I made a few cupcake candles this week and thought I’d share a quick tutorial with you.
You will need:
Coloured Tea Lights
Silicone Cake Moulds
A Pan of Hot Water
Heat Proof Container
How to make:
1. Melt your white wax pellets in a heat proof container placed inside a pan of hot water. Add some candle scent
2. Place your wick in the centre of your silicone mould and pour in the wax until the mould is two thirds full.
3. Leave to set at room temperature for half an hour.
4. Melt a mixture of wax pellets and a chopped up coloured tea light in the same way as before.
5. Pour into your moulds over the white wax until they are full.
6. Allow to fully set before removing them from the moulds and then trim the wicks.
You can also use this technique to make stripy candles. If you don’t have coloured tea lights you can also melt a little bit of wax crayon in with your wax pellets.