A little while ago I was contacted by Baking Mad.com and Billingtons sugar about a campaign they are running called #Bakeface. The idea is to bake something yummy, take a silly photo of your bakeface and enter it to win some great prizes. I absolutely love anything baking related so I was delighted to give it a go. They sent me a lovely hamper containing lots of fantastic baking bits and a recipe for their chocolate brownies.
I really enjoyed making these rich dark chocolate brownies, the recipe was fantastic and the brownies themselves are sinfully rich and delicious. I loved all the products they sent me and it was great having sugar that came in a box. You see I’m the most clumsy person in the world and I’m always knocking bags of flour and sugar over when I bake, so that was a little detail I appreciated!
Here’s the recipe so you can give it a go yourself…
250g Billington’s Unrefined Dark Muscovado Sugar
200g unslated butter
350g 70% dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
3 medium free range eggs
50g self raising flour
100g Billington’s Natural Glacé Cherries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees (170 fan oven) / gas mark 5. Line a 20cm baking tin with baking parchment (I used a silicone mould which I greased slighting instead)
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
3. Whisk the eggs until pale and fluffy. Add the Dark Muscovado Sugar and whisk until thick. Gently fold in the chocolate mixture.
4. Sift in the flour and fold in until the mixture is smooth. Mix in the glacé cherries.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, until you see a paper-likr crust on top. There shouls still be some movement in the centre of the tin.
6. Remove from the oven, leave to cool, then cut into squares.
7. Make your bakeface!
They really are the best brownies I’ve ever made, this recipe is going to be used a lot in my house from now on!
So here are a few of my bakefaces. I’m terrible at pulling any kind of face but my husband was making me laugh so they came out OK!
I really really would love to win a prize so please vote for my picture here. Thanks!!!
For lot’s more great recipes check out the Baking Mad website.
To find out more about #bakeface and to enter your picture here.