So, the person who doesn’t like cupcakes is sharing another cupcake recipe! Maybe I’m coming round a little to the ways of the cupcake! I really really love carrot cake and this recipe is pretty much a carrot cake recipe in cupcake form. I always make my carrot cake with coconut oil and these cakes are no exception. They taste absolutely delicious and although not a particularly vintage bake, I had to share them anyway!
This is pretty simple bake that doesn’t take too long to prepare and would work really well alongside other classic cake cupcakes such as coffee and walnut or lemon drizzle, both of which I’d love to try soon.
You will need:
150g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
150g Soft Brown Sugar
50g Chopped Walnuts
100g Grated Carrot
150g Coconut Oil
For the topping:
100g Icing Sugar
75g Cream Cheese
Chocolate Carrot or wallnuts to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees c. Put 12 cupcake cases in a muffin tin.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and then add the nuts, raisins, sugar and carrots and mix them well.
- Add the eggs and coconut oil to the mixture until they are well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases, I use an ice-cream scoop for mine.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to cool fully on a wire rack.
- To make the topping combine the icing sugar and cream cheese along with the vanilla until smooth.
- Pipe the topping onto the cakes and finish with a carrot or walnut decoration.
- Put the cakes into the fridge until the icing has hardened.