I’ve been very excited to put together a huge yellow Wishlist for Spring and Summer. As I mentioned in my recent Dolly and Dotty review, I am obsessed with yellow at the moment. I’ve been doing a yellow theme on my Instagram for a few months now. This obsession is definitely spilling into my wardrobe at the moment. And while I’m enjoying putting outfits together with the yellow things I already have, I do have my eye on a few new bits too. I shared my green Wishlist a couple of weeks ago and now it’s time for a very long yellow Wishlist!
- Every year I stock up on lots of crop tops, they are perfect for wearing with all my pretty skirts. I don’t like showing any tummy, but I find most sit just on the waistband of my skirts. I love this Bardot crop top from New Look. It’s so fun and classic.
- As usual everything in Collectif this season is awesome. This crop top and matching shorts really caught my eye. Perfect for holidays. xx
- These yellow floral shoes from Marks and Spencer would look so cute with the set above. I love the idea of dressing up simple outfits with such pretty shoes.
- This spotty wrap top from New Look is another one that would be great wear with skirts and jeans and is a totally gorgeous wardrobe staple.
- As you know I can’r resist a bit of Cath Kidston and since they don’t have any yellow dresses at the moment this yellow floral book bag is the next best thing. I love the book bags as they’r perfect for carrying my work around or for taking the girls books to and from the library.
- I’ve had my eye on this lovely floral dress from Joanie clothing forever. The gorgeous floral print reminds me of the Queens yellow Horrockses dress from 1954 (pictures here)
- This ribbed button front vest from New look really appeals to me. With it’s big buttons I think it would look amazing with a full 50s skirt for a very vintage summer holiday look.
- This yellow dress from Marks and Spencer would be a great everyday summer dress. The dress in the link is slightly different (and nicer) than the one in the pic.
- I want this yellow lace dress from Joanie clothing for summer evenings, it’s so lovely!
- I love the idea of wearing this gorgeous crochet bralet from New Look in the summer with a gorgeous skirt like the yellow midi skirt from Marks and Spencer.
- The yellow circle bag would go with just about everything and straw bags seam to be everywhere this season. I love small bags like this, just enough room for a few essentials.
- I keep spotting these yellow shoes from Marks and Spencer and thinking how useful they’d be over the summer. Their clock colours accessories are amazing at the moment.
- I couldn’t resist adding this lace tassel crop top for a more boho summer look. This one is also from New Look, who seem to have loads of amazing tops at the moment.
- I absolutely love Primark, for filling gaps in my wardrobe. I’ll often mix and match Primark pieces into outfits with original; vintage pieces or other high street items. This season I’m particularly loving all their summer tips and accessories. I’ll be searching my local store for this striped top, floral camisole, sunglasses (how awesome are these!).
- The the perfect summer smart out fit I love this yellow jacket and shorts co-ord set from Miss Selfridge. The two pieces are sold separately, so if you’re different sizes on top and bottom, then this would be ideal. I also love the very vintage styling of the side buttons on the shorts. These could be worn on their own with a vintage top for a 40s look.
- These Primark sandals are just £10 and would be perfect for adding a little yellow to summer outfits.
- Probably the most me thing on this list is this lace sundress from Joanie Clothing. It’s the sort of thing I wear all summer and I absolutely love it.
- Other useful bits for building up a bit of yellow in your wardrobe are this cross body bag and crop tops Primark. I have the second top already and I love wearing under my dungarees for a casual look.
- also from Joanie clothing is this lovely embroidered midi dress, such a beautiful shade of yellow and a very versatile style, to carry you through all seasons.
- The weather may be delightful right now, but the British summer cannot be relied upon! I always stock up some light knitwear for summer evenings and unseasonable cold spells. Two of my favourites include the aloha sweater and this gorgeous open weave cardigan, both from Joanie Clothing.
- My favourite new dress for the season so far is this gorgeous yellow floral cape dress from Simply Be. I love the light fabric and the little cape detail is just adorable. You can seeing me wearing it in yesterdays blog post.
- These block heeled shoes are from Primark and at £12, I’m going to find them hard to resist!
- I like to have lots of crop tops in my collection to mix and match with my high waisted skirts, this knot front top from Primark is another must-have. Lets hope I can find one!
I hope you enjoyed my yellow wishlist, what are your favourite pieces? have you seen any nice yellow stuff that you think I’d enjoy? Send me links!
Ways to follow Vintage Frills