Today I’m sharing one of my favourite cake recipes. I absolutely love anything lemon flavoured, so these muffins are a real favourite with me. They’re really easy to make and taste absolutely delicious.
For the muffins:
2 large lemons
200g caster Sugar
250ml whole milk
125ml vegetable oil
400g plain flour
3tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
For the glaze:
juice of 2 lemons
100g caster sugar
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tray with 12 cases.
2. Beat the eggs and add the lemon zest, oil and milk.
3. Add the sugar and whisk until fully mixed.
4. Add the flour baking powder and salt and mix well.
5. Fill the muffin cases until they are about 2 thirds full.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked all the way through.
7. For the glaze mix your sugar and lemon juice with a whisk until dissolved.
8. Remove the muffins from the oven and place on a wire rack, while they are still hot pierce the tops of each muffin several times with a cocktail stick and pour over the glaze. I usually do this twice until it is all absorbed into the muffins.
9. Serve with a large mug of tea and enjoy!
Jessica CangianoMay 30, 2014 at 4:39 am
Yummmmmyyyyyy!!! 🙂 I adore lemon – and citrus in general – baked goods as well. Thanks for sharing your wonderful muffin recipe with us.