I’ve really enjoyed sharing some of my ideas for vintage inspired christmas party outfits. I’ve already covered the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s, now onto my favourite decade the 1950s. I always find winter fifties outfits a little tricky as I associate the fabulous fifties with cotton summer dresses. As with my other christmas party outfit ideas these aren’t necessarily authentic vintage style items they just pay homage to a typical look for the decade.
So it’s time to put on a circle skirt and look as charming as the fairy at the top of the tree with these 3 gorgeous dresses and some beautiful accessories to match…
Clockwise from left…
1. Crimson Circle Dress – £112 – 20th Century Foxy
2. Belina Triple Bow Flared Dress – £34.99 – Lindy Bop
3. Kate Doll Dress – £115 – Collectif
4. Elizabeth Bolero – £29.50 – Collectif
5. 1950s Style Leaf Brooch – £18.00 – 20th Century Foxy
6. Chiffon Petticoat – £60 – 20th Century Foxy
7. Cinderella Shoe – £94.99 – Miss L Fire at What Katie Did
8. Black Diamante Court Shoes – £24.99 – New Look
I love the idea of the black dress with the red petticoat and shoes, along with the red bolero and brooch. I think the black diamante shoes paired with a red dress would add instant fifties glamour to a party.
Marilyn looking amazing as ever in red and black.