With the spring, comes spring cleaning. And with spring cleaning comes fresh starts and decorating plans. The rooms I find that change the most are my two daughter’s rooms. As they grow up their tastes change and their rooms get the most wear and tear.
If a full re-decorate seems a bit daunting a few new accessories can really brighten up a bedroom. I’ve chosen a few pretty bits that would look lovely in a little girls bedroom. And don’t worry I’ll have a post later in the week for boys rooms as well as a neutral room for those who don’t like pink and blue or who have siblings sharing a room. So watch this space.
I’ve included a cute table and chairs that would be great for little craft activities and colouring as well as a couple of storage options and some very pretty accessories. I love fairy lights in kids rooms as well as night lights which make a restful light for sleep and story time, especially for little ones who don’t like the dark.
1. Ballerinas Duvet Set – Cath Kidston – £45
2. Fairy Lights – Next – £14
3. Pink Chair – Ikea – £13
4. Baby Squirrel Night Light – Dot Com Gift Shop – £3.95
5. Floral Storage Bag – £25 – John Lewis
6. Blue Chair – £13 – Ikea
7. Collapsible Storage Box – £7 – Matalan
8. Bird Cushion Cover – £16 – Cath Kidston
9. Yellow Chair – £13 – Ikea
10. Patchwork Cushion Cover – £16 – Cath Kidston
11. Pink Table – £22 – Ikea
Why not make your own bunting in similar fabrics to add a personal touch to the bedroom, or even make a memory quilt from your children’s old clothes.