Personally I think there is nothing worse than rain in August. What is up with the weather this year? I don’t mind the odd summer shower where huge drops of rain fall from the sky onto the warm ground and dry as quickly as they fell as the sun comes out again. But the weather we’ve been having here in London is just depressing! On the plus side it did get me thinking about vintage style for Autumn. I’m not great at dressing vintage in the winter, most of my wardrobe consists of pretty floral dresses which work so much better for spring and summer.
The look I’ve created today is perfect for rainy days and long walks. A mix of modern and vintage style which makes me think of country walks with a little hint of the 1940s. I adore the tweed coat which I spotted at the Cath Kidston press day earlier this year. I can see it going with absolutely everything. The Radley handbag may not be typically vintage, but I thought it was so adorable that it’s now top of my wishlist! I absolutely love the dress which I think would see you through the whole year, and as for Hunter wellies they are one of my favourite things. I wore some with a vintage dress and cable knit cardigan in this post last year.
Create the look:
1. Tweed Printed Lining Coat – £130 – Cath Kidston
2. Bloomsbury Bouquet Wool Shawl – £48 – Cath Kidston
3. Twisted Knit Cardigan – £75 – Cath Kidston
4. Yellow Ditsy Floral Tea Dress – £29.99 – Lindy Bop
5. Archive Print Umbrella – £19 – John Lewis
6. Exhibition Road Leather Grab Bag – £229 – Radley at John Lewis
7. Umbrella Necklace – £25 – Not on the High Street
8. Baby Blue Wellies – £95 – Hunter at John Lewis
9. Knee High Cable Socks – £7 – Monsoon