I get very excited at this time of year. Saying goodbye to my boring winter wardrobe and hello to sandals and summer dresses, is just the best thing. Its also a time where I endanger the safety of my bank balance, by coveting just about everything on my favourite websites. I made the fatal error of having a good look through all the new dresses on the Collectif website today and I have to confess that I fell in love several times! Seriously though the new collection is definitely their best so far. Choosing my favourite pieces was hard, but here goes…
- Scenic Mountain Swing Dress – One of my favourite things about true vintage, is all the gorgeous novelty prints. The real things are so mind boggling expensive right now, that I’m more than happy to see the rise of repro novelty prints recently. The latest addition from Collectif is so pretty!
- Chloe Candy Gingham Swing Dress – This adorable dress, has the prettiest colours. I can’t resist gingham and the pretty combination of pink green and lilac is perfect for hot sunny days.
- Jade Plain Swing Dress – I absolutely love the shape of this pretty dress and the colour would look lovely in the summer. This is a great one for dressing up or down and I like the idea of wearing it with a contrasting vintage belt to create a slightly different look.
- Simona Flamingo Swing Dress – I know there are a LOT of flamingo prints out there at the moment. Everything gone a bit flamingo crazy, however I really do love this pretty swing dress and the print is quite subtle compared to some of the other ones out there, and therefor I love it!
- Jade Watermelon Swing Dress – I absolutely adore this fun and fruity dress. This is definitely one of those dresses which will invite a lot of compliments. Its so fun and absolutely adorable!
- Fairy Bird of Paradise Doll Dress – Every vintage girls wardrobes needs a bit of tiki in it. This pretty tropical print dress, is an absolutely lovely colour. I have a few dresses in this shape from previous collections, you can see my wearing one of them here.7. Marina Tropical Bamboo Sarong Dress and 8. Fairy Tropical Bamboo Doll Dress
I absolutely adore fruit prints and so this gorgeous new fabric really caught my eye. It reminds me a little of my original vintage fruit print Swirl dress which you can see in this post. The design has a very authentic mid century feel to it and it’s nice to see slightly less girly colours on a repro dress.
This is by far my favourite collection from Collectif so far and there are lots of other things on the website that I want to share, but I’ll save them for another day. What’s your favourite dress from the ones I’ve included above?
Ways to follow Vintage Frills